Sunday 1 July 2012

Ordinations

A prayer of Dag Hammarskjold (1905-1961) for all those being ordainded this weekend. This is a prayer that has always meant a great deal to me and yet has come to mean even more over time. A friend gave it to me on the day of my ordination as a Deacon
25 years ago tomorrow in Ely cathedral.


Thou who art over us,
Thou who art one of us,
Thou who art
Also within us,
May all see Thee in me also.
May I prepare the way for Thee,
May I thank Thee for all that shall fall to my lot,
May I also not forget the needs of others.
Keep me in Thy love
As Thou wouldest that all should be kept in mine.
May everything in this my being be directed to Thy glory
And may I never despair,
 For I am under Thy hand
And in Thee is all power and goodness.
Give me a pure heart that I may see Thee,
A humble heart that I may hear Thee,
A heart of love that I may serve Thee,
A heart of faith that I may abide in Thee.
To love life and all creatures as God loves them,
For the sake of their infinite possibilities.
To wait like Him,
To judge like Him without passing judgement,
To obey the order when it is given and never look back;
Then He can use you - then, perhaps, He will use you
And if He doesn't use you, what matter?
In His hand, every moment has its meaning,
Its greatness, its glory, its peace, its co-inherence.


Priests in the Diocese of Ripon and Leeds

Bernadette Hegarty (St Peter's Harrogate), Antony Kirby (Richmond, Hudswell, Downholme and Marske), Diane Lofthouse (Moor Allerton and Shadwell Team) Jonathan Swales (St George's, Leeds), Lynn Thorius, (East Richmond Team Ministry), Gillian Trinder (Whitkirk), Chrissy Wilson (Pannal with Beckwithshaw).

Deacons in the Diocese of Ripon and leeds

Linda Boon (Sharow, Copt Hewick and Marton le Moor), Mary Bradley (Meanwood), Tim Laundon (Wetherby), Andy Patrick (St Mark's Harrogate), Hannah Smith (Leeds Parish Church)




No comments:

Post a Comment