|St Oswald's Church, Thornton Steward|
|Decorated for Christmas|
|The warmth of worship was tangible|
- Learn the tunes well.
- Sing them exactly as they are printed without altering or mending them.
- Sing all. See that you join with the congregation as frequently as you can.
- Sing lustily and with good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.
- Sing modestly. Do not bawl so as to be heard distinct above others, that you may not destroy the harmony.
- Sing in tune. Whatever time is sung, be sure to keep with it. Do not run before it nor stay behind it and take care not to sing too slow.
- Above all, sing spiritually. Have an eye to God in every word you sing. Aim at pleasing Him more than yourself or any other creature.
What excellent advice which we might follow at our carol services this year! It is amazing how singing heartily and with enjoyment for an hour uplifts the spirit and opens us up to God!